Total Pageviews

Monday, 16 March 2020

I've been hit by a butterfly

Something remarkable has happened: the woman in last Thursday's blog changed her mind. The best news is that she showed me a one-way ticket to the train station, from which I picked her up. I'm now simultaneously fighting the coronavirus and a feeling of emerging love. Latter is funny as love is often seen as a bug (eg, movie, song, Wiki).

I'm actually experiencing every cliché: the feeling of having wings, walking on cloud 9, butterflies in my stomach, smiling when I'm thinking of her. A few days ago, I said to her that I feel as if I've been hit by a butterfly. That analogy was based on a superb new song (below) by Dutch singer Steffen Morrison, which has become an earworm to me.

The butterfly effect is a metaphor for Change: the tiniest of changes are able to accumulate into massive Change (eg, Wiki). The transformation from caterpillar to butterfly is a metaphor for Change, in and of itself.

In mythology and folklore, a butterfly may represent either
- an imminent death in the family (black butterfly or moth);
- or a rebirth (a.o. a Roman belief);
- or "the personification of a person's soul" that is visiting you.

The above mythology is relevant (to me) because my friend Joan, who died in 2016, promised me to visit me as a butterfly, and to send someone to meet me. I think, feel and believe that this moment has finally arrived.

In my case, the butterfly effect and the transformation are happening simultaneously. Thursday morning, I "saw" that I have a 97% chance on a good ending versus a 3% chance on failure. Still, I did not dare publishing this blog before I met her. I assumed that the 3% failure rate related to Friday 13 March. She said that it probably related to her but not anymore. Now, it’s 100% for both of us. Our meeting is the best thing that ever happened to us.

In fairytales, they have a saying: "and they lived happily ever after". I have been looking forward for that for a very long time. I knew it was going to take a miracle (lyrics, song, Wiki). Nevertheless, I have come quite close to it, a couple of times. Doubt usually took over from Love (my blogs on Doubt-Fear-Hope-Love). Not anymore.

“I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.” A quote from Bright Star: Love Letters and Poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne by John Keats (1795-1821), an English Romantic poet.

You've been hit by a butterfly (2020) by Steffen Morrison


Note: all markings (bolditalicunderlining) by LO unless stated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a comment